Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center was founded in 1923 by Frank Lahey, MD, who envisioned a health care model where every component of a patient’s care would be coordinated under one roof. It encompasses an ambulatory care center serving more than 3,000 patients each day, and a 335-bed hospital. Lahey’s multidisciplinary approach allows patients access to preeminent physicians from virtually every medical specialty while providing quality primary care at community-based practices throughout northeastern Massachusetts.
From advanced technology to research and medical education, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine. In addition, many physicians hold teaching assignments at Harvard Medical School and Boston University School of Medicine. Research programs encompass more than 200 clinical trial protocols and participation in numerous national and international studies.